Workers Compensation: COLA

In Workers Compensation cases, an injured worker is free to leave Alaska while he is drawing benefits.  However his compensation rate (how much he is paid for temporary total disability) will be adjusted for cost of living.   To check the exact adjustment, go to the Workers Compensation Board's website,  In the right hand side there is a menu.  Go to "Bulletins".  In the Bulletins section, look for the most recent bulletin regarding "Cost of Living Adjustment for Recipients Residing Outside of the State of Alaska".  Currently that is Bulletin No 11-02.  Your rate will be determined by the city which you live in or to which you are closest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *